Scroll Lock on VT prevents reboot/shutdown

I'm not sure which package this bug should be filed against, partially because I'm not entirely sure of the root cause.  I'm able to replicate it on our systems every time, though I have not tried on a fresh install of Debian - our images aren't really that much different anyway.   We don't have a GUI installed, just text mode or whatever you want to call it.  I've spent hours googling and I have not found anyone else affected by this, nor did I find anything in BTS.

Here's how to replicate the bug:
	1) Log in as a normal user on a VT/
	2) Start nano.  If nano is not available, I think any application that interacts with the user would work, but I've only tried using nano.
	3) Hit Scroll Lock - At this point, anything you type will get buffered somewhere and won't show up until you turn off Scroll Lock.  Leave it on for the moment.
	4) Switch to a different VT using Alt+F2  or do these next steps from an SSH session
	5) Run "sudo reboot" or "sudo shutdown"
	6) The system will start rebooting (some services will stop) but it will "hang" in the reboot until you go back to the first VT and turn off Scroll Lock.

I have not found a way to prevent the bug from happening.  If you have physical console access, the obvious solution is to switch to the affect VT and disable scroll lock.  If you only have remote access, then running this will unblock the console:
	sudo stty -F /dev/console ixon ; sudo stty -F /dev/console -ixon
I came across that workaround after digging through the TTY code and seeing this which made me think to try toggling ixon.  Note that this only works if you already have an SSH session before initiating the shutdown/reboot - nologin prevents new sessions from starting otherwise.

Could someone confirm that this happens on more than just my systems and/or let me know what package I should file the bug against?