Re: Scroll Lock on VT prevents reboot/shutdown

Some caveats, below, qualifying the claims in my previous reply to OP.

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Matt Sickler wrote:
[intro cut away]

Here's how to replicate the bug:
	1) Log in as a normal user on a VT/
	2) Start nano.  If nano is not available, I think any
         application that interacts with the user would work, but
         I've only tried using nano.
	3) Hit Scroll Lock - At this point, anything you type will get
         buffered somewhere and won't show up until you turn off
         Scroll Lock.  Leave it on for the moment.
	4) Switch to a different VT using Alt+F2 or do these next
         steps from an SSH session
	5) Run "sudo reboot" or "sudo shutdown"
	6) The system will start rebooting (some services will stop)
         but it will "hang" in the reboot until you go back to the
         first VT and turn off Scroll Lock.

[remote access workaround stuff cut away]

Could someone confirm that this happens on more than just my systems
and/or let me know what package I should file the bug against?

RE confirmation: I tested your steps 1--6 on a recent install of
jessie, and it behaved exactly as you describe.

Having repeated the experiment many times (~50) on jessie now, I must
add that it is a frustratingly fiddly bug. I cannot reproduce it
reliably, although it does indeed occur occassionally.

Also, just in case it matters, I replace step 5 with...

 # reboot

...since sudo is not installed on the jessie system I am using to
investigate.

For whatever it is worth, I also tested them on a not-so-fresh wheezy,
which did not display this behavior.

In light of the fiddly-ness noted above, I cannot be sure that wheezy
is unaffected (since thus far I have only tried to replicate the bug
on wheezy a couple of times).