Black Screen on Dell Inspiron 14R 5437 after hibernation with Bumblebee driver installed.

Hi guys,

I need to fix an issue that I have on my Debian Jessie 8.6
installation. I'm using a nVidia Optimus card and I already installed
Bumblebee as per Debian Wiki[1] and Bumbleblee Project.

[1] - https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee
[2] - https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Troubleshooting

You can see that I have 2 video cards:

ederson@Inspiron-14R-5437:~$ lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]\]'
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation
Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0a16] (rev 09)
(prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
08:00.0 3D controller [0302]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT
750M] [10de:0fe4] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
ederson@Inspiron-14R-5437:~$

I am facing issues when I hibernate the computer. When I try to get it
back again, I got a black screen and the CapLock _does not_ work.

I was reaseaching on Debian Wiki [3] and I see there is a note about
"Fixing corrupted video on resume"

[3] - https://wiki.debian.org/Suspend

"A very common issue found after the computer resumes is corrupted
video (or black screen, or no LCD backlight). The first step is to
check whether the system is still running, which can be simply done by
pressing the Capslock button and check whether the Capslock LED is
changing accordingly. If the system is still running, in most cases we
need to add a video quirk for your video card.

Debian now has kernel mode setting (KMS) enabled by default for most
Intel, nVidia and ATI video cards. But pm-utils' video quirk does
support KMS yet. So in most cases you should try disabling KMS first.
The detail steps for your specific video card can be found on the
KernelModesetting page.

After disabled KMS, if the video after resume still corrupts, you can
try to suspend the system by using some video quirks. Read the manpage
of the pm-suspend program for a very detail explanation of all the
quirks available, and try the combinations of them from commandline.
If you successfully find one combination of quirks that works for your
system, you can add them into /usr/lib/pm-utils/video-quirks to make
them permanent. At the same time, please help to file a bug against
the pm-utils package with a patch about your changes so it can benefit
the mass.

A common issue found on systems upgrading from old versions of Debian
is the enabling of quirk-s3-bios freezes the system during suspend. If
your system freezes during suspend, check the pm-suspend.log carefully
after enabled debugging and make sure quirk-s3-bios is not used."

There is a link on this topic and it goes to KernelModesetting page
[4], but I was not able to set the configs on my machine and get
hibernate option work as it should be.

[4]- https://wiki.debian.org/KernelModesetting

Let me know if you need any logs and I will capture them for you.

Regards;

Éderson A. Jesus
E-mail.: ederjesus at gmail dot com