Maximal volume size for the client with a NFS v3 mounting

Hi,

On a Jessie 8.5 system I mount a partition on a NAS server with NFSv3 protocol using options "nfs rw,soft" in /etc/fstab.

The size of the volume on the NAS server side has been extended to 20 To, but for my Debian system, this extension appears to be limited to 16 To :
- The df command gives 16106127360 blocks of 1K
- processes trying to write beyond this limit end with error "no space left on device"

Is the volume size mounted with NFSv3 limited to 16 To on the client side ?

Could the version 4 of NFS solve this problem ?

Thanks

Jean-Paul