Re: A psgmlx that plays nice with emacs24?

Hi Bob.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Bob Bernstein wrote:

Oh Lord I don't have time for this.

Neither do some others, and understandably so.

But it happens I do, at the moment.

Look, I thought I'd take a shot in the dark to see if just maybe
someone who knew what psgmlx was might see my Subject: and drop into
help mode [...]

Um, there is something you do not seem to realise. Allow me to explain it to you.

This list is archived on the web, and many contributors to threads
here do so with the expectation that their replies will help not only
the OP, but potentially many other users as well, not all of whom are
currently subscribed to the list.

If OPs provide certain basic information,

 1. their thread is far more likely to turn up in web searches.

 2. it saves a lot of time on the part of those able to help.

 3. it saves a lot of time on the part of others searching for
 solutions to similar problems.

[...] instead of wounded pride mode: "That Bernstein fellow hurt my
feelings because he asked about something about which I am
completely ignorant. He is a bad person."

My previous message explained some listserv norms, to help you conform
to the prescribed norms of this list. And just now (above), I have
explained some of the rationale for those norms.

Violation of norms, in any group, will receive various sorts

I suspect the only feelings that have been wounded here are your own.

...goddamn touchy prima-donnas. Get over yourselves.

Sigh. When the penny drops, you will feel quite foolish.

Good luck with your project.