Re: A psgmlx that plays nice with emacs24?

Hi Bob.

A few meta-suggestions are below.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Bob Bernstein wrote:

I think (hope) the subject says it all.

Your RELEASE: You have left unsaid what version of debian you are
using. Jessie?  Wheezy?  Something else? Something else not debian?
This matters.

Your GOAL: You have left quite mysterious what it is you are trying to
do with psgmlx. (It may be obvious to you, but it may well not be to
anyone inclined or able to help you.) This also matters. And no,
"Trying to use this renowned, non-debian package with emacs24" is not
a good answer.

Things you have TRIED/INVESTIGATED: Whether you have considered using
(or tried), for example, psgml. Whether psgml is insufficient for your
needs (again: what are those?). Whether you are concerned that its
official homepage has not been updated in over a decade, etc.

FWIW, I found these pages interesting to read:

 https://packages.debian.org/jessie/psgml
 https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XmlModes

Finally, AFAICT, psgmlx is not a debian package at all. The question
therefore arises: *Why* would you assume that your subject line says
it all, on this listserv?  (That last question was rhetorical. No need
to clutter your reply with an answer to it, unless in fact psgmlx *is*
a debian package and I require correction on that score.)

Hope this helps.

BTW: Kill-filing Brian? Damn, dude. Stop aiming at your own foot when
you shoot. It hurts to watch.