Re: Issues with SSH pubkey authentication at remote server

Hi Lars,

Lars Noodén:
[...]
> 	ssh-add -L
>
> It has to be run in the same shell as you would then run ssh.
>
> That will list the public key matching the private key which has
> actually been loaded into the available agent.  But that availability
> might be the issue here, as with the earlier message, I am still
> wondering if ssh is finding the "right" agent.

OK. I've successfully established ssh connection via pubkey auth, which
did not work because I thought I had to ssh-copy-id it in ~/.ssh whereas
it has to be placed in /.ssh. BUT
debug1: Offering [key_cipher_type] public key: ~/.ssh/[key_cipher_type]
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg [key_cipher_type] [...]
debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
debug1: key_load_private_type: incorrect passphrase supplied to decrypt
private key
Enter passphrase for key '~/.ssh/[key_cipher_type]':
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
I had to type the correct passphrase. Something is going wrong, your
doubts are confirmed. I still have to check the fingerprint. There are
three agents running after logging into my "local ssh account" and
executing
pgrep -lf ssh-agent
Two running under another user account and the one running under my
"local ssh account" (i.e. from where I establish ssh connection to the
remote server)
*BUT*
me@localsshaccount:~$ ssh-add -L
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent

Well, it's late and I will further investigate it tomorrow, but any
comments on how to make sure that ssh-agent selects the correct
passphrase/private key (automatically) appreciated.

Cheers
Stephan