Re: Change of UUID?

Hans composed on 2016-09-23 19:10 (UTC+0200):

> BUT - Now the problem: From time to time

Can you give an example of such time?

Sure, from time-to-time means 2-3 times a week, but randomly.

The Debian installer reformats an existing swap, which means it gets a new
UUID, unless you go out of your way to prevent it from doing so.

No, I did not install Debian, I am running this now for several years.

What do you mean by "starting a livefile"?

I mean something like this:

blkid /dev/mapper/swap
/dev/maoper/swap  UUID="ba1b8eXXX-and-sop-on" TYPE="swap" PTTYPE="dos"
PARTUUID="0007a381-05"

# /etc/uswsusp.conf(5) -- Configuration file for s2disk/s2both
resume device = /dev/disk/by-uuid/fd45123cf-and-so-on"
compress = y
early writeout = y
image size = 1908094484
RSA key file = /etc/uswsusp.key
shutdown method = platform

UUID's (anonymized by me) are different!

Possible workaround:

1-recreate swap using -L to give swap a volume label
2-adjust Grub config to direct resume to LABEL instead of UUID
3-adjust fstab to mount swap by LABEL instead of UUID

If this succeeds, file a bug, maybe against device-mapper or multipath-tools.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/