Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved

On Sun 11 Sep 2016 at 23:14:26 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> David Wright composed on 2016-09-11 21:44 (UTC-0500):
> >>Subject: Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved
> How is it beneficial to list anyone here or searching list archives to
> continue a thread by chastising an OP for being imperfect more than 12 hours
> after OP added string "solved" to the subject and thanked people who
> provided useful help?
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/09/msg00398.html

The "solution" is very suboptimal in the context of Debian and GRUB and
does not help anyone having the same problem, particularily if a bug is
involved.

(I do not know where you get the 12 hours from. bendel.debian.org sent
the mail to me at 15:14:19 +0000 (UTC). My reply arrived at bendel by
18:32:58 +0000 (UTC) on the same day. I also hadn't appreciated that
this list had a time limit set on replies sent to it).