Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On 09/06/2016 04:25 PM, Peter wrote:
On 06/09/16 19:29, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 09/06/2016 09:12 AM, Peter wrote:
I believe the problem was caused by the libgtk upgrade.
See

Thanks Peter, I upgraded all but the 4 gtk-3 packages with no ill
effect.  But my problem in Sid is the drop-down menus not working, seems
to effect all apps using gtk-3 and for me that is synaptic, gdebi, gufw,
pavucontrol and parole, menus and right click don't work, but they do
not crash. Maybe this new testing upgrade is introducing new bug. It's
all over my head, I'm just a point-n-click user.

The adwaita theme is supposed to be the least broken with gtk3.
Also, if you're using kde, there is a gdebi-kde package.

Not really using gdebi much anymore since Jessie, been using dpkg. Plasma is not using Gnome Theme's, only the icon's and switching to them does not help the menu problem or the right click problem, even after a system restart. But thanks for the thought.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE Plasma 5.7.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263