Re: postfix mail filtering

On 31/08/16 13:33, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:21:13 +0100 Tony van der Hoff
<tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
So, I'd like to perform the filtering on the server (for my user
initially, then perhaps for others). My extensive googling reveals
that there are many tutorials for filtering spam, but that's not
really my problem.

What you're looking for is an implementation of the Sieve
language/system for mail filtering. You don't say what IMAP
server you are using, but Dovecot has an implementation of this called
"Pigeonhole" that is very likely what you want.

Perry

Thanks, Perry, I'm actually using Courier, and Google tells me there is no Sieve plugin for it. I shudder at reconfiguring the system for Dovecot!

Thanks for giving me another keyword (sieve) to search!

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |