Re: postfix mail filtering

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:51:10 +0100
Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> On 31/08/16 13:33, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:21:13 +0100 Tony van der Hoff
> > <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
> >> So, I'd like to perform the filtering on the server (for my user
> >> initially, then perhaps for others). My extensive googling reveals
> >> that there are many tutorials for filtering spam, but that's not
> >> really my problem.
> >
> > What you're looking for is an implementation of the Sieve
> > language/system for mail filtering. You don't say what IMAP
> > server you are using, but Dovecot has an implementation of this
> > called "Pigeonhole" that is very likely what you want.
> >
> > Perry
> >
> Thanks, Perry, I'm actually using Courier, and Google tells me there
> is no Sieve plugin for it. I shudder at reconfiguring the system for
> Dovecot!
>
> Thanks for giving me another keyword (sieve) to search!

I don't know anything about Postfix, but I'd have thought that the job
of dropping sorted mail into different Maildir directories was one of
its tasks.

Certainly exim4 sorts the mail for me into mail directories used by
Courier, on the basis of a .forward file, and exim4 also implements
Sieve if I ever need real complication.

--
Joe