Re: Compiling Canon LiDE 220 driver from source

On Mon 15 Aug 2016 at 15:47:00 +0200, didier gaumet wrote:

> Le 15/08/2016 à 15:25, Brian a écrit :
> [...]
> > I reckon the second approach will not work because the libraries need
> > an adjustment too.
>
> I plead guilty: Lisi just confirmed your point of view, In computer
> science, crime (of lazyness) does not (always) pay ;-)
>
> thanks for your input, Brian, I did not realize building a backport
> package from source in Debian is so simple

There is a simplicity to the process but how straightforward it is to
get to the destination of a new debian package depends on the package
being backported. libsane-common should give no trouble but chromium,
for example, requires build dependencies which are not in stable. And
the dependencies need dependencies, all of which have to be backported!