Re: Compiling Canon LiDE 220 driver from source

Le 15/08/2016 à 12:42, Lisi Reisz a écrit :

> Thanks, didier.  That is nice to know.
>
> So it should be in the up-to-date tar ball, if I were to succeed in sorting
> that out.  But are you suggesting that I would do better to backport from
> Stretch?  I had decided that the tar ball would be simpler and more sure.
> But perhaps now is the time to learn to backport!!
>
> Lisi

being lazy nowadays, if possible I avoid any source code compilation ;-)

libsane-common unavailable in backports, I don't know if this could be
profitable to you to backport it yourself.

you could test a stable/testing mix in your sources.list with pinning
preferences to follow sane in testing.
or you could stay stable and try a quick and dirty trick in jessie by
jnserting:

# Canon LiDE 220
usb 0x04a9 0x190f

in your /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf: I don't know how is designed the
genesys backend, so maybe it is sufficient to obtain a functionning
scanner, minus the LiDE220 specificities?