Re: mail problem

On 2016-08-13 16:01, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

> Ok, now I know it is not my box sending mail, as I diconnected it from
> the network, and received about 50 of those mails with shown time
> while it was not on the net.
> I will not worry about them, and kill them.
> Thank you

It's nothing more you can do about it. What most likely happened here is
that some spammer is sending mail with your address in From: field to
address located on this mail.blninja.com server. From headers you can
see that among other things revDNS of this server doesn't match forward
DNS. It's usually not a good sign. User that is addressee of this spam
email have forwarding to gmail set up. As this blninja MX have poor/none
SPAM filter mails go through and Google is rejecting these emails.

The biggest problem here is that you are hit by backscatter bounces from
blninja server as admin there hasn't disabled bounces going outside of
local addresses, which is done on every decently configured mail server.
As official sender of this spam is you (From header), all this bounces
are forwarded back to you instead of being dropped.

It could be avoided of this blninja.com server had SRS set up or at very
least spam filter + no bounce to destinations that are not local. You're
the victim here. It's most likely that this server will be picked up by
blackilsts soon and your mail server will start dropping emails from it.

Best,
Karol

--
Karol Augustin