New Distro

I am totally confused on steps to achieve creating a new Debian Distro - my requirement is that we need to create a new OS image where we just have packages that are required.

Now is there a way where minimum packages details data is available - how do we know what extra needs to be added - where and how can we find the details.

Also how do we find dependent or can be required packages details. Say for example Networking suites - I only know TCP/IP and pretty sure that only including TCP package will just not be enough. Where can we know what others to be included bot for our application and for debugging / analyzing data?

Please assist me in my venture.

Regards,
Prakash