Re: nosh and redo have moved

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 04 August 2016 19:34:44 Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> > The whole sorry tale of why is on the new WWW site.  The upshot of it
> > is that nosh and redo are in a new place.
> >
> No, it does not offer any explanation of why you come in here with a
> megaphone announcing these tools.  This list has not been privy to any

Gene, there is no need to be this aggressive.

For the record, Pollard and "nosh" are known to debian-devel.

> A better explanation does seem to be a reasonable request.

Indeed it is a reasonable request, and it would still be one even if
Pollard was known to debian-user, or if his post had been sent to
debian-devel.

"nosh" is an init-system, one that might end up being a good replacement
for sysvinit for Debian/kFreeBSD in the future.  Maybe.

I am not well versed on "redo".  It looks like a set of tools that
occupies the same locus as "Make" (to build targets from source files,
processing dependency-aware graphs to both order the build, and minimize
work when not evertything changed).

  Henrique Holschuh