(OT) Disable Secure Boot, et al

Hi! All,

Anyway to enter UEFI Firmware Setup on contemporary UEFI W8/10 notebooks
without having to go through Windows?  That is, is there a keyboard
combo, secret button or incantation whether or not a hard drive/OS is
installed. As far as my research goes, there's not.

I'm looking to buy a new notebook to put a custom install of Linux on
with as few problems as possible.  Which distro remains to be
chosen, but it definitely WON'T be Ubuntu (I've always hated it) or
SUSE or Fedora which I abandoned because of its 6 month release cycles
and 13 month support.

Thanks.