Re: Limiting internet access by time

On 2016-08-08 8:30, pascalv@sdf.org wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Curt wrote:

>> I haven't been following the thread (discussion beyond my technical
>> reach) but couldn't the little man boot up a live cd or usb drive and
>> surf his little heart out? Someone talked about targeting the MAC
>> address of the machine (which I suppose would obviate this workaround).
>
> True, however in this case he could also soon or late find how to get
> around using macchanger...
Than the only thing that's left would be whitelisting all the rest of
the mac addresses using iptables (for as long as he won't try changing
the mac addr to something switched off at the time) or RADIUS
authenticated wpa-enterprise wifi network with separate
username/password. Also VLANing his port on the switch + iptables rules
for vlan (eth1.5 for excample). All of this might be even used as
challange mode forcing kid to learn new stuff as he overcomes more
sophisticated measures...

--
Karol Augustin
karol@augustin.pl