Re: wicd trouble -- continued

On Thu 28 Jul 2016 at 15:01:14 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 28 July 2016 14:35:09 Mike McGinn wrote:
> >
> > I had some trouble with wicd which I cured by making sure that network
> > manager was not running. Make sure NM is stopped and does not start.
>
> ... by uninstalling it.

No, by using the appropriate systemctl command. Anecdotal accounts of
clashes between NM and wicd do not justify the removal of one or the
other. There is no well-documented evidence that they do interfere with
each other. Something which was repeatable would go a long way to be
being convincing.

And if they did it could just as well be wicd (NM) as NM (wicd).