Re: OK to upgrade to 8.5?

On Thursday 28 July 2016 14:36:54 Steve Matzura wrote:
> I am running 8.0; 8.5 is out. Came out on June 24. Are you saying I
> should wait for 9 to become stable release and then upgrade to that
> version? I thought by going to 8.5 would be a good idea. Maybe not?

You should upgrade regularly to get all the latest security updates.

In Debian terms your question is meaningless.  That is why you are getting
strange replies.  If you need to ask the question, you are not upgrading
often enough.  Given all the nasties around now, you really do need to keep
your security patches up to fate.

Upgrade is the right term.  But it is not a *version* upgrade, which is what I
think you may be meaning by your question.  So no questions needed.  But if
you really are still on 8.00, ($ cat /etc/debian_version)  do something about
it fast   Then upgrade frequently.  You really do need those security
patches.

Lisi