Re: OK to upgrade to 8.5?

Steve Matzura:

> Should I follow the standard procedure--edit sources.list to include
> the DVD drive (if it's not there already), then 'apt-get upgrade'
> followed by 'apt-get full-upgrade'?

What do you mean with "8.5"? Debian jessie is version 8, Debian stretch
ussupposed to be version 9, I think. Either way, it isn't stable yet so
technically the latest Debian version is 8.

In any case, the canonical answer to "How do I upgrade to the latest
Debian release?" is to go through the release notes of your current
release+1 until you have reached the desired version.

Example: if you have installed Debian squeeze (version 6) you would
first follow this (I have picked amd64 randomly):
https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/amd64/release-notes/

and then this:
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/

J.
--
In public I try to remain calm and to appear perceptive.
[Agree]   [Disagree]