Re: Newer mutt in stable

On 2016-07-26 18:35 +0200, Nemeth Gyorgy wrote:
This will be the next step. Good point about build dependencies,
will need to find a way around that. I have a feeling that brute
force will be involved.
or you can use apt-get build-dep command.
Wouldn't that install the new versions of the dependencies ?
Because that is exactly what I'm trying to avoid and the main
reason for building from source.

It depends on your sources.list. If the sources list contain only your preferred distribution for the binary packages then it will not install the new versions. deb-src can point to testing or sid, if the deb lines point to the stable then build-dep will not install packages from testing or unstable.