Re: Advanced RAID configuration in preseed

This is how we do 2x RAID1, altho on same disk (one for boot, other for
LVM)

# Parameters are:
#          <devices> <sparedevices>
d-i partman-auto-raid/recipe string \
    1 2 0 ext2 /boot                \
          /dev/sda1#/dev/sdb1       \
    .                               \
    1 2 0 lvm -                     \
          /dev/sda2#/dev/sdb2       \
    .

so it is definitely possible to *create* raid but I have no idea how to
partition many drives differently

Back in bad old centos days we just have script that was called during
install that partitioned it manually but I don't know how to tell
partman to use that specific device

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 13:53:40 +0200 (CEST), Robert Haist
<rhaist@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently trying to write a debian8 preseed config that creates two different software RAIDs (Mirror). I am trying to achieve the following layout:
>
> 2 x 128GB SSD -> /dev/sda & /dev/sdb -> /
> 2 x 1TB HGST  -> /dev/sdc & /dev/sdd -> /var
>
> As far as I read in all examples and blog posts it is only possible to create one software raid with disks of the same size and preferably the same physical attributes.
>
> I successfully created the first RAID1 on the SSDs with preseed and the following "code":
>
> ------------------------
> d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select atomic
> d-i partman-basicfilesystem/no_swap boolean true
> d-i partman-md/device_remove_md boolean true
> d-i partman-auto/method string raid
> d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda /dev/sdb
> d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string \
>       multiraid ::                               \
>               10000 5000 1000000000 raid         \
>                       $primary{ } method{ raid } \
>               .
>
> d-i partman-auto-raid/recipe string \
>     1 2 0 ext4 /                    \
>           /dev/sda1#/dev/sdb1       \
>     .
> ------------------------
>
> Does partman have any option or possibility to create an additional RAID in the same automated way in the same config? Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Robert Haist
> # Please consider secure communication with PGP #
> # PGP-Public-Key: https://db.tt/IfBskuvO
> # PGP-Fingerprint:
> 2BC8 3F55 A400 7468 864C 680E 1B7C C8D4 D4E9 14AA

Mariusz Gronczewski, Administrator

Efigence S. A.
ul. Wołoska 9a, 02-583 Warszawa
T: [+48] 22 380 13 13