Re: How to create package without source code

Hi Thomas,

this doesn't help me at all. All manuals I read assume, I have a programm in
source code. But I repeat: it is just a shell script!

Of course, each user can download it, put it below /usr/bin/, set manually
owners to root:dig, and off he goes.

But I want a debian package, to make it super easy for also unexperienced
users. To make it more comfortable, I added a menu entry for the desktop.

That is all!

And all this should be in a deb-package, just to make installation super super
easy for unexperienced users. Experienced users will not need a package, this
is clear for me.

Best regards

Hans