Re: How to create package without source code

Hi,

Hans wrote:
> this doesn't help me at all. All manuals I read assume, I have a programm in
> source code. But I repeat: it is just a shell script!

This assumption includes the possibility of zero source code, which
needs no further preparation.

A Makefile would be a way to interface with Debian's magic.
The "all:" target which i proposed would cover the unneeded compilation.
Other targets mentioned in the Debian docs (e.g. "install:", "check:") would
care for other aspects.

Sven Joachim wrote:
> just write a debian/install file telling where the files should go

See also
  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dother.en.html#install
(Note the reference to "make install".)

In general you should rather follow Sven than me.
I just maintain some inherited packages which suck on an autotools setup
which i maintain as upstream. All learned heuristically.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas