Re: How to create package without source code

Hi Tom,

sounds good at a first view.

> It's sort of cheating, and wouldn't allow you to upload to the Debian
> archive, but for personal/internal use something like FPM might work.
> See https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm/wiki/PackageSimpleFiles for an
> example.

However, I did not quit understand. Can I add several files instead of a single
one? And will it preserve rights, as I set?

I do not believe, it will break debian security rules. When it is finished, I
will offer it for download to official debian maintainers. I am sure, they will
check it against, and then may decice to put it into the repo.

It is sakis3g, which is already working well (just a script!), which I left
original.

The only things I changed, were:

- added a menu entry for kde
- changed owner from root:root to root:dig

But it is a script, and I want it make it easy to install for all users as a
package.

If someone else will build a package, I will be happy, too.

Hans