Re: How to create package without source code

On 27/07/2016 08:39, Hans wrote:
The file is just a script. I read in the dokus, and all told, they want to
compile somehow.

I imagine, to pack all the files with the correct user rights into a folder,
then pack it into maybe *.tgz and then change it somehow into a *.deb.

Maybe there is a more simple way und you might want to point me to it.

It's sort of cheating, and wouldn't allow you to upload to the Debian archive, but for personal/internal use something like FPM might work. See https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm/wiki/PackageSimpleFiles for an example.