Re: [Gimp-user] Next gotcha(off topic)

On 2016-07-25 11:43, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 25 Jul 2016 at 10:34:11 (-0500), limpia wrote:
 I have been following this thread, it seems to be drifting
into another topic, but any way, I just wanted to comment,
 I never did like either Gimp or Inkscape, and have tried all
sorts of other "graphics programs", but none come close to the
versatility, and user friendliness that ImageMagick has, with
ImageMagick I can do whatever I need to do quickly and easily.

I've used ImageMagick for resizing/cropping/annotating
pictures in which the annotations are in a fixed position
(eg placing names on a mugshot gallery), where the CLI
approach works well, and with a bash for loop to automate it.

But has ImageMagick changed to include an interactive
interface since I last did that? How would I place an
arrow and text onto a photograph where the position of
the annotations is determined by looking at the layout
of the subjects in the picture itself?

Cheers,
David.
 To be honest I don't know, and I am not sure exactly what you mean,
but there is a lot of good documentation on using Image Magick,
And yes , Image Magick does have a "interactive interface", of sorts,now,..
  http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/
Maybe :
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/annotating/
 Here are some text handling examples,