Re: epson L210 scan

On Tue 12 Jul 2016 at 18:55:13 +0200, Pavel Kosina wrote:

> Brian napsal(a) dne 12.7.2016 v 16:25:
> >
> >Would see what comes up in the log with searches for "usbfs" and
> >"claimed"?
>
> :~$ journalctl --no-pager | grep usbfs
> čec 12 18:49:13 linuxbox kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver
> usbfs
> :~$ journalctl --no-pager | grep claimed
> čec 12 18:49:41 linuxbox realmd[2194]: claimed name on bus:
> org.freedesktop.realmd
>
> Hoping its this.

I'm afraid not. We were looking for some sign that the interface that
scanimage wanted to use had already been claimed by the usblp module.
This can be a cause of what you observe and is not uncommon. Whether
Epson all-in-one devices are more prone to it I do not know. My RX-420
is affected but I can get it to work.

Plan A is in ruins. If journalctl had indicated the usblp module as the
culprit the solution is

  modprobe -r usblp

I suppose you could try this but it shouldn't work.

(If I am correct your device does not use memory cards?)

Time for Plan B. Delete every line in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf apart from
epson and epson2. You can get the file back again by reinstalling
libsane-common. Comment out epson2.

  epson
  # epson2

Unattach and reattach the device. Try 'scanimage -L'. Look at journalctl
after reattching the scanner and each use of the command. Also replace
epson with epson2 and repeat.