Re: openssh-server's default config is dangerous

Le quintidi 25 messidor, an CCXXIV, mwnx a écrit :
> I would like to initiate a discussion about the security
> implications of the default sshd_config file, created after an
> installation of the openssh-server package.

I think the problem you raise is not specific to SSH: when installing
anything that looks like a deamon, apt will start the daemon with its
default configuration immediately. There are hackish ways of working around
it, and I do not even know if they work with systemd.

I always found that behaviour very bad, for many reasons. IMHO, starting
daemons after installing them should be an option.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George