Re: off topic Question of the day..

On Sun 10 Jul 2016 at 00:09:34 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:

> It feeds the short edge in first, unlike the paper trays, both of which
> can be set for several different sizes, but they both feed long edge
> first. So once its been grabbed, there is still about 14.25 inches of
> paper hanging out in empty space with zero guidance because the curl of
> the paper as it passes over the top edge of this "door", lifts the paper
> a good 1/4" above and totally free of the guides. Most worthless design
> I have ever seen.  Paper centering and feed alignment are completely at
> the mercy of the human trying to insert the paper centered and square.
> And I do not believe that if a sheet of Lexan was added to extend the
> paper support for at least 8", and it was screwed to the plastic of the
> door, the stoppers incorporated into the plastic hinges would actually
> survive a sheet of tagboard laying on it, combined with the weight of the
> Lexan, too heavy.  A sheet of 28 lb copy paper is ok, but not a hand
> laying on it.

Could you attach your Lexan to a wall behind the printer and then
push the printer close to the Lexan to leave only a small gap for
the paper to have to cross? Like (if your unicode is up to it):

┊←wall
┊
┊  ↙Lexan (should be a shallower angle)
┊╲
┊   ┌╌╌╌╌┐←printer (push it towards Lexan)

Cheers,
David.