Re: Debian support for samsung chromebook

On 2016년 7월 7일 오전 11시 46분 11초 GMT+09:00, Jacob Adams <tookmund@gmail.com> wrote:
>(Please CC me as I am not subscribed)
>
>I have an old samsung arm chromebook that I would like to try and
>install Debian on. The wiki has a page on it
>(https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Samsung/ARMChromebook ) but
>the process it uses requires copying the chromeos kernel and only
>installs to a usb or sdcard. According to the linux-exynos wiki
>(http://linux-exynos.org/wiki/ARM_Chromebook/Mainline_Linux_kernel )
>there is now mainline support for this device in Linux and a  defconfig
>for it  (exynos).
>
>I would like to install to the internal ssd with a default kernel so
>that it still get updates. It this possible or will I have to build my
>own kernel?

My chromebook(Codename: Alex) is now charging. According to my three days test, Crouton is enough to use. That is easy to install.

Otherewise you should go to chromium project (chrome os discuss forum[1]). In there, you could talk to Jedi developers about custom build for {linux and chrom os}.

Try to Crouton, in first;

Sincerely,

[1] chromium-os-discuss@chromium.org

--