Debian support for samsung chromebook

(Please CC me as I am not subscribed)

I have an old samsung arm chromebook that I would like to try and
install Debian on. The wiki has a page on it
(https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Samsung/ARMChromebook ) but
the process it uses requires copying the chromeos kernel and only
installs to a usb or sdcard. According to the linux-exynos wiki
(http://linux-exynos.org/wiki/ARM_Chromebook/Mainline_Linux_kernel )
there is now mainline support for this device in Linux and a  defconfig
for it  (exynos).

I would like to install to the internal ssd with a default kernel so
that it still get updates. It this possible or will I have to build my
own kernel?

--
Jacob Adams
GPG Key: AF6B 1C26 E2D0 A988 432B  94F4 24C0 2B85 B59F E5A9