Re: USB printer CUPS stalls on "Sending data to printer"

On 06/22/2016 04:10 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> writes:
>
>> I use the standard cups foomatic driver for
>> your P1102w printer on my very similar (or
>> identical) HP LaserJet Professional P1109w on
>> my stable/Jessie system.
>
> I found some foomatic stuff in the repos but no
> PPD files.
>
> However this file
>
>     /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/printer/HP-LaserJet_Pro_P1102w.xml
>
> say:
>
>     This printer is supported by the foo2zjs
>     free software printer driver.
>
> And I do have
>
>     /usr/bin/foo2zjs
>
> but how do I set that up with CUPS?

We crossed messages. ;)

CUPS just recognizes it automagically after you install
printer-driver-foo2zjs, which maybe you did.  I installed the printer
simply from the cups browser interface.  http://localhost:631/admin -->
add printer, scroll thru choices and select driver:
"HP-LaserJet_Pro_P1102w.ppd HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Foomatic/foo2zjs-z2
(recommended)"

Regards,
Ralph