Re: boot times out after dist-upgrade on Stretch

Am 15.06.2016 um 09:58 schrieb Borden Rhodes:
> linux-image-4.6.0-1-amd64:amd64 (4.6.1-1, automatic)

> Could I get direction on how to troubleshoot this?

In your list of upgraded packages, only the kernel package looks
suspiciuos. I suspect your system worked correctly before the upgrade?
Does downgrading the kernel work?

For further debugging there is
https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#index1h1

Starting the early debug shell let's you examine the system

I don't expect that services in multi-user.target are causing the issue,
but it's rather a cryptsetup/lvm issue. Most likely the devices are not
properly marked as available, so systemd times out waiting for them.

In your early debug shell, check if the devices listed in /etc/crypttab
and /etc/fstab are available.
Also check the udev db via
udevadm info /sys/class/block/<...>
for your devices. Look for TAGS=:systemd: and the SYSTEMD_READY property.

universe are pointed away from Earth?