systemd and plymouth not caching LUKS passphrase

Dear All,

(I originally sent this by replying to, and thus threading under, another
thread; doing it right now :-)

It is my understanding that both systemd per se starting on v227 and
plymouth will cache passwords[1]. However, there is no caching of LUKS
passwords in my setting, a laptop with two encrypted partitions,
corresponding to root and swap, and where both share the passphrase.

I am using systemd 230-2 and plymouth 0.9.2-3+b1 and running kernel
linux-image-4.6.0-1-amd64 (kernel 4.5 behaves the same way). Trying with or
without plymouth makes no difference (i.e., I am always asked for both
passwords).

I wonder if there is something I need to set/unset, or if I need to create
some (which?) script in /etc/systemd/system.

My /etc/crypttab is

crypt-sda5	UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	none	luks
crypt-sda2	UUID=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy	none	luks

And my /etc/fstab is

proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
UUID=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/mapper/crypt-sda5 / ext4 errors=remount-ro,user_xattr 0 1
/dev/mapper/crypt-sda2				none	swap	sw		0	0

Best,

[1] Changes in v227:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-October/034509.html,
or for instance the step-by-step instructions on setting full disk
encryption at htps://thesimplecomputer.info/full-disk-encryption-with-ubuntu

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25

Phone: +34-91-497-2412