Re: Debian Testing Cannot be installed on Hyper-V 2012 R2

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Larry Sevilla wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian Testing under Hyper-V Windows Server 2012 R2.
>
> iso file: debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso  dated 2016-06-20 07:33 391Mb
>
> mem: Start-up 1024Mb Dynamic Min 512Mb Max 3584
> proc: 2
> vhd: 10Gb
>
> Install it using non-GUI.
>
> Then It freezes during:
>    Partitions formatting at 33%
>    Creating ext4 file system for / in partition #1 of SCSI3 (0,0,0) (sda)...

You'll have to check what's going on in the debug console (IIRC, it's
vt4 currently). You'll probably see some kernel errors about not being
able to write to the drive and/or kernel panics or something else.

(Formatting drives is pretty basic; failing during that usually
indicates hardware failure, or in this case, something wrong with
anything in the virtualization stack.)

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an
authority myself
 -- Albert Einstein