Re: Debian Testing Cannot be installed on Hyper-V 2012 R2

On 6/20/16, Larry Sevilla <sevilla.larry.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian Testing under Hyper-V Windows Server 2012 R2.
>
> iso file: debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso  dated 2016-06-20 07:33 391Mb
>
> mem: Start-up 1024Mb Dynamic Min 512Mb Max 3584
> proc: 2
> vhd: 10Gb
>
> Install it using non-GUI.
>
> Then It freezes during:
>    Partitions formatting at 33%
>    Creating ext4 file system for / in partition #1 of SCSI3 (0,0,0)
> (sda)...
>

> Note: I have installed Debian 7/Wheezy 7.11 and 8/Jessie 8.5 on Hyper-V;
>           so far no problem on installation with the two versions...

Just thinking out loud while you're waiting for others to chime in..
Is this something you could try pre-formatting before starting the
installation then skip that step during installation?

Or did you already try that?

That's all I got.. It's just what I would try if I was in your Shoes.
If you end up filing a bug report on it, you could then suggest from
personal experience that pre-formatting does or does not help (well,
did not help *you*) under those circumstances in case anyone else
encounters the same before a permanent fix is found.

Even if that work-around was to work (if a user was in a hurry to
istall), determining (and then hopefully fixing) the cause of freezing
up during any installation step helps keep newcomers from running off
down the cyber highway to another distro. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with plastic sporks *