Re: Printer color balance

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 19:07 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> System Specs:
> Intel DP55KG with i5-750 quad processor
> Debian Stretch
> Kde Desktop
> HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer
> Cups driver for the 6800
> Dell U2412M Monitor
>
> Ive had the HP printer for some time but have not paid much attention
> photo printing. When I decided to print photos, I found that the
> color
> match between my two digital cameras and my monitor are near enough
> exact to not be a problem. The results from the HP printer are way
> off
> on color balance. I can't seem to find any place to adjust the
> computer
> (CUPS) to printer color balance. Is there any way to adjust this
> without
> a ton of equipment and a 40 hr course in colorimetry. Things don't
> have
> to be exact just reasonably close.

Debian certainly supports using a color profile for printers, but I'm
not really sure how to create one manually.

There are however services where you print out a reference image, send
it in, and a color profile is generated for your printer (and ink and
paper).

There might be others who have created profiles for your setup that
might be "good enough" but it doesn't look like HP themselves provide
them.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson