Re: CUPS under jessie

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 15:55:22 +0200 Rodary Jacques sent:

> I may be completely wrong: I had a canon printer once, and
> canon had made a driver for Cups under MacOS but it doesn't
> matter. After an OS upgrade, the driver didn't work anymore
> and the driver used by Cups (gimp related if I remember well)
> wasn't as good, by far. Canon said they  didn't want/care to
> write a new one. I switched to HP.
> 	Sorry if my post isn't relevant (is that correct in
> English ;-)).
> 	 	Jacques

I and another Linux user canvassed Canon for years to try to get them
to release drivers for their printers. No go, they were just not
interested.

On Debian Linux systems, have found HP printers are good and Epson
printers to be good as well.

Brother printers can be made to work, but it's onerous and not all the
features work. Maybe it's just the models that I have tried to get
working are not the models that Debian printing packages favour. So
have installed the closest possible. Therefore not full featured.

Be well,
Charlie