Re: apache and clients

On 06/19/2016 08:02 AM, Norbert Kiszka wrote:
Dnia 2016-06-19, nie o godzinie 14:49 +0200, Pol Hallen pisze:
Hi folks!

Inside a small lan (less 10 pc) I've a server with apache.

I've to install bind/dnsmasq to automatically resolve IP of apache or
can I use clients's host file?

What's the easy/fast way to resolve IP of this server?

thanks

Pol

can I use clients's host file?
Why not? Its fastest way and it works even when dns sv is down.
As long as dhcp is not in use...with hosts file, the server must have static IP address, which is likely with a small network such as OP describes.

--
73's
Mike, WB5VQX