Re: open - resource temporarily unavailable

 <tomas <at> tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 09:24:37AM +0000, Andrey wrote:
> >
> > Sven Joachim <svenjoac <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > > Are you sure that it's opening the file which fails in that way, and not
> > > writing to it?
> >
> > Yes. I am pretty sure.
>
> If the problem is somehow repeatable, you might try to run your
> program under strace to actually pinpoint the system call setting
> EAGAIN (perhaps you've already done that, but I couldn't imply
> that from your post).

It happens very rare and rather unpredictable
sometimes when a lot of files are created
and sometimes without such obvious signs.

> Other things to check: does that happen on any files? On a
> specific file system? If yes: how is that one mounted?

It happens to any file on any ext4 partition which are locally mounted.

Is there a way to find out at least which part of the system is responsible
for 'resource temporarily unavailable'.

All the best,
  Andrey