Re: Big dummy at work again

Curt:
> Siard:
> > Besides that, settings can be entered in ~/.Xdefaults.  I have these
> > lines in it:
>
> I believe ~/.Xdefaults is what they call deprecated and ~/.Xresources
> should be used.
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/x_resources

~/.Xresources does not work here (Stretch); ~/.Xdefaults does.
I've never quite found out what conditions cause either of them to work.
This is my situation:

To start my openbox WM, from the console I type:

   $ ob

That starts /usr/local/bin/ob, containing:

   #! /bin/sh
   startx /usr/local/ob-session --

/usr/local/ob-session contains a bunch of applications I want to run
with openbox, then starts openbox itself:

   #! /bin/sh
   /usr/bin/unclutter -idle 2 &
   /usr/bin/xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap &
   /usr/bin/xset -dpms &