Re: Big dummy at work again

On Sunday 12 June 2016 11:43:05 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Sunday 12 June 2016 16:18:18 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > with aptitude, like mc, whatever terminal its running IN, MUST DO
> > ncurses emulations.  And that is compulsory!
>
> Gene, that is rubbish.  aptitude at the CLI is just that. At the CLI.
> Like any other CLI command.  The n-curses interface is voluntary.
>
> Try
> # aptitude purge firefox-esr
> You will get rid of Firefox-esr without an n-curses interface in
> sight.
>
> If you just type
> $ aptitude
> that is the command to launch the n-curses interface, but it is not
> compulsory to type it in order to use aptitude.
> Try
> $ aptitude -h
> it will give you lots of information with no sign of an n-curses
> interface.
>
>  > Konsole it appears can be made to
> >
> > work although I am not a fan of the tabs being on the bottom of the
> > window.  That might be because I haven't found that switch box yet.
>
> Gene, you are looking for problems.  If you are determined that
> nothing must ever work, then nothing will ever work.  If you don't
> like having tabs at the bottom, don't use the tabs at all.  Has xterm
> even _got_ tabs???
>
> Lisi
not that I've found, but the sob is tearing down my system down even as I
gave it a q after looking at a list of packages it wants to remove. If I
cannot control it, it will NEVER be used here again.  It will take days
to re-install the stuff I use, like geany, maybe 100 times a day!  Thats
equ to that found on the ground after the male bovine has relieved
himself!

Its done.  Now I think its showing a list of stuff it wants to install,
but other than the leading p in front of the names, I am lost.  And I am
left with nano as the only editor I can find.

So, it has emasculated my system, all the editors except nano are gone,
the only USABLE terminal left is Konsole, gimp is gone, and Gawd only
knows what else.  So, sitting on this screen, how do I quit this system
destroyer before I wind up doing a re-install of the latest LCNC-wheezy
iso I just burned last night. Hell, even firefox is gone? Cups is gone.
q twice got it quit.  And it will be purged forever as it will take me 2
weeks to rebuild a working system.

This is one sleeping dawg that never should have been kicked.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)