Re: Big dummy at work again

On Sunday 12 June 2016 16:18:18 Gene Heskett wrote:
> with aptitude, like mc, whatever terminal its running IN, MUST DO ncurses
> emulations.  And that is compulsory!

Gene, that is rubbish.  aptitude at the CLI is just that. At the CLI.  Like
any other CLI command.  The n-curses interface is voluntary.

Try
# aptitude purge firefox-esr
You will get rid of Firefox-esr without an n-curses interface in sight.

If you just type
$ aptitude
that is the command to launch the n-curses interface, but it is not compulsory
to type it in order to use aptitude.
Try
$ aptitude -h
it will give you lots of information with no sign of an n-curses interface.

 > Konsole it appears can be made to
> work although I am not a fan of the tabs being on the bottom of the
> window.  That might be because I haven't found that switch box yet.

Gene, you are looking for problems.  If you are determined that nothing must
ever work, then nothing will ever work.  If you don't like having tabs at the
bottom, don't use the tabs at all.  Has xterm even _got_ tabs???

Lisi