Re: granular acl in tmux

On 06/12/2016 01:53 PM, Bob wrote:
> Hello Lars,
>
> Thanks for your attention. I can see tmux presently doesn't have the
> read-only solution as screen. And I like to make it simple without
> touching sshd. I appreciate your solution regarding rwx by socket.
> Though in screen we can change the acl through command mode. Say many
> users including you are attached with my session with rwx and I can
> specifically change your acl to r-- . I haven't found it in tmux, hope I
> haven't miss it in config

I'm quite sure it's not there in tmux.  A way I used sudo to share one
of root's tmux sessions read-only was to lock the user into specific
options in specific order for a specific session:

  %lars ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/tmux attach-session -rt rclocal, \
                            /usr/bin/tmux kill-window -t rclocal

Something similar could be done for non-root targets as well.  But
either way, that is counting heavily on tmux to keep the read-only
session in its place.

Regards,
Lars