Re: Linux startup, Wheezy -- a required script won't run on startup, but can run manually without any trouble

On Fri 10 Jun 2016 at 03:46:18 +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> In the Solaris world and most SYSV systems like it, there was a very
> simple startup system; it was not systemd, nor is it the "modern day"
> sysvinit.  It was much simpler and worked very, very well and extremely
> reliably.  How can we get that back on modern Debian?

Present such astoundandly good argumnents for all use cases that the
Debian developer community falls over themselves in admiration and
completely changes direction within hours of receiving your report.

(This is -user. If you have a problem with using stable, please state it
clearly; there are plenty of people who would chip in to help with it.
Otherwise, hobby-horses probably require a different venue. If you do
not have a problem please try to find somewhere which does not require
Debian support).

[...Lots of pseudo-technical stuff snipped...]