Re: make ping executable by normal users?

On Mon 06 Jun 2016 at 19:50:55 (+0200), Norbert Kiszka wrote:
> 1. Did You tried another kernel? If not, maybe try from backports for first.
>
> 2. iptable_filter         12488  0
> > ip_tables              16975  1 iptable_filter
>
> Little suspicious for me. What needs this modules when you have default "no rules"?
>
> BTW. You are using wifi currently? Ping to localhost doesnt works too?

I think you need to read back through the thread and see *who* has *what* problem.
I'm perfectly happy with the behaviour of ping on all my machines.
Seem like Santiago Vila was correct in https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/06/msg00235.html!

Cheers,
David.