Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:58:26 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 05 June 2016 13:10:52 Joe wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 09:17:13 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> > Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> > > Did you give the built-in help system a try?
> >
> > Mine (2.0.9 on sid) says, and I quote verbatim:
> >
> > "Bugger, I couldn't find the helpfiles on the filesystem."
> >
> > The only Debian packages are librecad and librecad-data, both of
> > which are installed.
> >
> > It's not a problem for me, as the 2.0.9 manual is on the Net, but
> > the manuals for earlier versions appear not to be.
>
> Correct.  Some of it might be that the "application preferences"
> ->path tab, is totally empty for all 5 entries.  I may take a look at
> the data package to see where it put stuff and see if I can fill in
> the blanks.
>
> Do you have any entries in that pulldown?

It has a Part Libraries entry, which I may or may not have put there
myself, and the rest are empty. None of them refer to 'help'.

/usr/share/librecad/qm contains a set of apparently language-based .qm
files, but I can't find a sensible way of opening them. I suspect it
has to be done through the Qt API, and this bit of program doesn't
exist in librecad yet.

--
Joe